Meal planning is a great way to save time, money, and stress when it comes to eating. We get the daily grind. At the end of every day the last thing you want to do is cook – well maybe that’s just me!! Just the thought of what to cook for dinner under pressure is enough to top the day! Can I just skip to dessert?
When I started weekly meal planning so many great things came from it. My shopping list flowed from my meal plans. Too easy. I was then surprised at supermarket savings and so much less food waste.
Here are some ways meal planning can save the day:
- Family Meal Plan. Sit with family members to nominate meals for the week. Include a favourite for everyone. Display your family meal plans where everyone can refer to it eliminates the daily question of “What’s for dinner?” followed by “Oh not that”
- Time Saving. Meal planning saves time because you can prepare meals in advance, reducing the amount of time you need to spend cooking during the week. This is especially helpful on busy days when you don't have time to cook from scratch. If I can knock over a curry and a stew on the weekend and pop into the fridge then it saves me cooking two meals during the week. Coming home to a cooked meal is a god send! Can sit to my Netflix shows so much earlier!!
- Money Saving. When you plan your meals, you can make a shopping list and buy only the ingredients you need. This helps reduce food waste and saves you money in the long run. You can also take advantage of sales and discounts when you plan your meals ahead of time.
- Healthier Choices. When you plan your meals, you have more control over what you eat. You can choose healthier options, such as more vegetables and whole grains, and avoid processed foods and unhealthy snacks. I find this especially helpful when I really want to make changes in my diet. Being prepared is the key to making changes and the choices that will make the difference.
- Reduces Stress. Meal planning can reduce stress by taking the guesswork out of what to eat. You don't have to worry about what to cook each day or whether you have the ingredients you need. With a meal plan in place, you can simply follow the plan and enjoy your meals.
- Food Inspired. By giving yourself time to meal plan you might find yourself going through cookbooks, or social media and adding new recipes to your week spicing up your meal time with some variety.
Meal planningis a great way to save time, money, and reduce stress, while also making healthier choices. It's definitely worth considering if you want to make your life easier and your meals more enjoyable.